• 1.General
    General questions about Gotta Do My Tax business.
  • How much do you charge?

    I charge a flat fee. There are no hourly charges, extra or hidden fees. I give out the quote before I start the work so there are no surprises. I quote based on the following criteria;

    Personal Returns

    1. How much were you charged last year to have your taxes prepared or did you prepare them yourself?
    2. Are you 1099 and/or W2?
    3. Will you be claiming write offs?
    4. Anything else out of the ordinary I should know (i.e. Stock Sales, Rental Property income, multiple state filings, single member LLC, Sale of Home, etc)

    Separate Entities (S Corp, C Corp, Multi Member LLC, Partnership)

    1. How much were you charged last year to have your taxes prepared or did you prepare them yourself?
    2. What is your approximate gross income (combined if joint)? Need not be exact
    3. How long in business?
    4. How many members and/or employees?
    5. Which state was the entity formed in?
    6. Anything else out of the ordinary I should know?
    7. What type of entity are you? S Corp, C Corp, LLC, Partnership
  • What's included in your fees?

    Our fee is a flat fee. No additional charges except card processing fees if paying by card.

    This fee includes all of the following;

    1. All forms required to correctly file your tax return
    2. E filing your Fed and State taxes
    3. PDF copy of your tax return
    4. Year round consultation
    5. Estimated Taxes prepared if you need them
    6. We handle and/or counsel you on any IRS and State correspondence you receive in the mail. We also counsel you on City Taxes.
    7. If you are audited due to an error that we made, we will cover the penalties and interest. For an additional $50 towards your fee, we offer Audit Protection Peace of Mind. If you receive a mail in Audit, we will help you prepare your case. *
    8. Satisfaction guaranteed. You are happy with our work or you don't pay

    (*Does not include amended returns, recalculated 1095-A forms, mileage logs or field audits)

  • What services do you provide?

    Income Tax Prep for all States, Amended returns, Back years, Form an LLC, S Corp, Partnership, Living Trust, Trademarks

  • Who is your typical client?

    All walks of life; self-employed & 1099s, small business owners, waiters, bartenders, hospitality, drivers, teachers, real estate agents, tattoo artists, personal trainers, professional & personal services, computer geeks, musicians, accountants, civil servants, psychics, disgruntled H& R Block refugees, hair stylists and sales. Just ask us! Entertainment Industry welcome...Cast & Crew or whatever you do!

  • What type of payments do you accept?


    There is a processing fee for Credit Card payments

  • Do you take referrals? Are you seeing new clients?

    Yes and yes.

  • If I get paid by 1099, how much should I set aside for taxes?

    Generally, 20% for Federal, 5-9% for State, so a total between 25-29%. For every $1000 you make, you should set aside $250-$290. And yes, once you file a return with deductions on it or show estimated taxes paid, you will owe a lot less or maybe get a refund.

  • What is this City of Los Angeles thing I keep getting in the mail? I don't own a business!

    Generally,if you live and/or work in LA County, and meet any of the following criteria; Self employed contractor, sole proprietor, get paid in cash or by 1099, own a partnership or business, the City will want you to report your gross earnings every year by Feb 28th. If you made over $100,000 they will tax you. If you are in the Creative Arts and made over $300,000, they will tax you. If you made under those amounts but forgot to report to them by Feb 28th, they will tax you anyway. For more details, email me.

  • Should I withhold taxes from my unemployment? Does my unemployment get taxed?


  • Can you give me advice about adopting children through LA County?

    Yes, email me.

  • What can I do to owe less taxes or increase my refund?

    It might be easier to define the word LOVE. When you do your tax return with us, we'll go over all your options.

  • Should I use a tax preparer or Turbotax?

    Our services are for those clients who already know they don't want to prepare their own taxes. If you're on the fence about calling me or doing them yourself, with all due respect, you are not the type of client we are looking to serve.

  • Ginger or Mary Ann?


  • 2.W2 Questions
    Questions regarding W2 forms and filings.
  • What should I claim on my W2?

    Depends on your situation. The most taxes withheld on your paycheck would be to claim Zero dependents and Single. For more details, email me.

  • My friend said I should claim 9 on my W2

    Ask your friend how many tax returns they have prepared in their lifetime. When they say zero, tell them to mind their own business and stop giving out tax advice.

  • 3.Refunds
    Questions about tax refunds.
  • Is it better to get a bigger refund?

    I don't think so. That means the government is holding onto too much of your money and giving it back to you a year later with no interest. Better to have a bigger net paycheck during the year. AND you get taxed on your state refunds (don't get me started). So I'd rather owe the state a few measly dollars and claim the deduction than get a big refund that I'll be taxed on.

  • 4.Deductions
    Questions about tax deductions.
  • Are you aggressive in deductions?

    My job is to make sure that if you are getting a refund, it's the biggest you are legally entitled to. If you owe, I want to make sure you owe the least amount legally possible.

  • Can I claim my dog/cat?

    NO!!! I said NO!!! Stop asking!!!

  • 5.Preparing Your Taxes For Our Appointment
    Information about how to prepare for your tax appointment. What you should bring, how long will it take and what to expect.
  • How do I get my stuff to you?

    By Appointment, by Remote Private Portal, by Mail or Drop Off

  • What do I bring?

    All your tax documents. Anything you get in the mail that says IMPORTANT TAX DOCUMENT ENCLOSED. Bring some ID and social security numbers. Your write offs
    (there are forms on this website to help you with deductions ). If you are new, bring last year's tax return with you. Bring payment. Also, you should have your personal previous year's calendar handy. I'm going to need your health insurance coverage info.

    If you are receiving Earned Income Credit, Child Tax Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit, ask me for all the very specific things you need to claim these credits.

  • How long is this going to take?

    If you stop asking me so many questions and if you are prepared, it will go really fast! Or as long as you need if you have to compile information not readily available. I am happy to work with you either way. It could take as little as 5 minutes in certain instances. Depends on what you need and how prepared you are.

  • Can I ask questions? Like lots of questions?

    Yes, and they will be answered as truthfully and expertly and patiently as possible.

  • Should I save all my receipts?

    YES! And all your bank, credit card and debit card statements! Yes, for the love of God YES! Just do it!